Are you in the market for a new wine cooler? If so, it’s important to think about just how much wine you’ll be storing. Are you a casual wine drinker, or a wine aficionado with quite a collection growing? Most wine coolers don’t have a very large internal capacity and max out at around twenty bottles or less. This can be a problem for collectors who want to take advantage of the benefits of wine coolers and temperature control.
If you’re a hardcore wine fan with more than fifty bottles to store, the EdgeStar CWR532SZ 53 Bottle Built-In Wine Cooler may be just the right type of wine cooler for you. In this guide, we’ll be looking into all of the specs for the excellent cooler, some of its pros and cons, and our final thoughts on whether or not you should invest in it.
Intro to the EdgeStar 53 Bottle Built-In Wine Cooler
The EdgeStar CWR532SZ 53 Bottle Built-In Wine Cooler is an attractive and simplistic wine cooler that gets the job done for many bottles of wine at once. Its steel and wood aesthetic is sure to fit any household or bar application. The EdgeStar CWR532SZ 53 Bottle Built-In Wine Cooler can be used as a freestanding unit or can be installed in a bar setup.
- Single temperature zone with a high and low-temperature alarm. This can be a pro and a con– many wine coolers offer a variety of temperature zones. However, those who prefer simplicity may appreciate the single temperature zone.
- Cracked door alarm.
- Beautiful blue LED lighting for the interior.
- Stainless steel and glass door.
- Built-in fan to circulate air evenly, even when at full capacity.
- Gives off surprisingly little heat when compared to similar wine coolers.
- Excellent value for the price.
- Illuminated indicator to alert owners if the compressor is running.
- Very quiet cooling system, though some users report a low humming sound that is quiet enough to not be a problem.
- The compact size makes it easy to fit into common kitchen setups, or to keep it freestanding while still out of the way.
- The 53 bottle capacity can only be achieved when all of the stored wine bottles are 750ml Bordeaux bottles. In order to accommodate bigger bottles, such as champagne bottles, you’ll need to remove a shelf. This will reduce the capacity of the cooler.
- The temperature gauge only shows the set temperature, not the actual temperature inside of the cooler. This can be remedied by purchasing a kitchen thermometer to keep inside the cabinet.
- The illuminated indicator for the compressor is somewhat hidden– users will need to bend down to view it, as the door frame conceals it.
Final Thoughts: Is the EdgeStar 53 Bottle Built-In Wine Cooler Worth It?
The EdgeStar CWR532SZ 53 Bottle Built-In Wine Cooler really has very few issues, many of which can be taken care of with a few quick fixes. When it comes down to it, you won’t find a wine cooler with such significant capacity for a better price– or quality. The single temperature setting may put off some potential buyers, but most wine can be kept at the same temperature. If you want a wine cooler with a little bit more control, it may be worth looking elsewhere. However, if you’re willing to sacrifice control for space, the EdgeStar CWR532SZ 53 Bottle Built-In Wine Cooler could be the best wine cooler for you!
- PLEASE NOTE: 53 bottle capacity is ONLY achieved when ALL stored bottles are standard sized 750ml...
- Undercounter or freestanding application; Single temperature zone; High/low temperature alarm; Door...
- Blue interior LED lighting; Flat faced stainless steel handle; Internal fan to evenly circulate air
- External Dimensions: 33 1/2" H x 23 1/2" W x 22 1/2" D; Weight 100 lbs.
- PLEASE NOTE: Delivery will be curbside, inside delivery is not available. A valid phone number is...