Introduction To Wine Cellars
- Introduction To Wine Cellars
- Best Wine Fridge Recommendations For 2020
- 1. NutriChef PKTEWC122 12 Bottle Thermoelectric Wine Cooler Refrigerator
- 2. Ivation 12 Bottle Thermoelectric Red and White Wine Cooler
- 3. Wine Enthusiast Silent 18 Bottle Wine Refrigerator
- 4. Lanbo Wine and Beverage Refrigerator and Compact Built-in Wine and Drink Center
- 5. Kalamera 15” Wine Cooler 30 Bottle Built-in or Freestanding Fridge
- 6. Antarctic Star 18 Bottle Wine Cooler/Cabinet Beverage Refrigerator
- 7. EdgeStar CWR532SZ 24 Inch Wide 53 Bottle Built-In Wine Cooler
- 8. Aobosi 24 Inch Dual Zone Wine Cooler 46 Bottle Freestanding and Built-in Wine Refrigerator
- 9. Whynter WC28S SNO 28 Bottle Wine Cooler, Platinum with Lock
- 10. AMZCHEF 15″ Wine Cooler Refrigerator Built-in or Freestanding Wine Cooler
- Helpful Wine Cooler/ Fridge Tips
Sharing a glass of wine over dinner is now close to a universal language. Snobby connoisseurs, collectors, and fun-loving wine drinkers alike all value optimal wine storage. Whatever the choice of variant is, white or red, the most elegant pinot noirs, chardonnays, Shirazes or any other imaginable type of wine requires good storage. So that’s why it’s important to pick the best wine coolers for your needs!
Not everybody can afford the renovation costs to install a full-blown wine cellar. Others might not have space or time to invest in such a time-consuming project. But it also doesn’t make sense splurging hundreds (even thousands) of dollars of exquisite bottles only to lose their complexity owing to storage issues.
Wine lovers who are serious about collecting quality vintages or hosts who want to stock up on wine reserves can do with a good wine cooler in a jiffy. Wine fridges save space and are perfect for protecting wine from the elements. For example, storing wine at all temperatures above 70 degrees F ages the wine rapidly – And flattens the wine causing it to lose taste and aroma.
On the other hand, storing wine bottles in an excessively cold environment is not a good idea either. The decreased levels of moisture dry out the cork over time. When a wine bottle cork dries out, air tends to seep into the bottle and takes away from the richness of the wine.
For this reason, using a regular refrigerator to store wine long-term is not feasible. Temperature control is a crucial factor in the preservation of wine.
Serious collectors who are looking for a long-term storage solution for their wine collection, have to take time to look into the best options. The cooler has to conform to several specific requirements like the buyer’s interior décor, budget, and available living space.
The following is a list of the best wine coolers available on for purchase in 2020. This list (in no particular order) aims to inform any prospective wine cooler buyer about their options in detail.
Best Wine Fridge Recommendations For 2020
1. NutriChef PKTEWC122 12 Bottle Thermoelectric Wine Cooler Refrigerator
The NutriChef wine cooler is the best in the market at its price point. This is the perfect addition to a wine enthusiast’s kitchen or wet bar. It preserves both white wines and red wines at the perfect temperature. These elegant and kitchen friendly wine bottle holders sports every feature required to make the next dinner party a hit. This cooler is the perfect gift for a casual wine lover that helps them store 12 bottles of wine. It is equipped with accurate precision thermoelectric cooling technology, adjustable temperature control, integrated LED lights, and built-in circulation fan and ventilation grill.
- COUNTERTOP DESIGN: With its reinforced glass door w/ air-tight seal, this 12-bottle electric...
- PERFECT WINE STORAGE: With its 12 Bottle storage capacity, this wine cooler unit is perfect for...
- DIGITAL CONTROL PANEL: Enables you to select temp display between Fahrenheit and Celsius and turn...
- ENERGY EFFICIENT: The digital touch button display panel allows you to set or change the mini wine...
- ULTRA QUIET OPERATION: Equipped w/ an advanced cooling system that will keep your beverages at the...
The cooler features reinforced glass with an airtight seal – which gives it a compact design. It’s also easy on the eyes which makes it suitable to be placed in either the living room, home office or kitchen. The temperature control features a digital display with an adjustable digital touch-button alternating between Celsius and Fahrenheit. The temperature ranges between 50 to 64 degrees F. The advanced cooling system equips this wine cooler to functions in silence. The cooler comes with a one-year warranty as well.
Dimensions: 20.1 x 13.6 x 18.9 inches.
Weight: 25.6 pounds.
- Wine Chilling Refrigerator Cooler (12-Bottle Capacity)
- Precision Thermo-Electric Cooling Technology
- Temperature Control with Digital Touch Display (°C / °F)
- Integrated LED Light with Power Control
- Reinforced Glass Door with Air-Tight Seal
- Built-in Circulation Fan and Ventilation Grill
- Ultra-Quiet Operation
- Includes Polished Chrome Wine Racks
2. Ivation 12 Bottle Thermoelectric Red and White Wine Cooler
The Ivation 12-bottle wine cooler is a must-have for every kitchen. Casual wine enthusiasts who prefer having only a few bottles on hand will enjoy this model for its smaller, unobtrusive size. It’s also a good option for connoisseurs with developed collections, looking to reserve a few preferred bottles in an easier-to-access cooler. This cooler allows you to store all kinds of wine in the perfect temperature range and creates an ideal temperature for storage. Temperature range: 50 to 64 degrees F or 10 to 18 degrees C.
- WINE COOLER (wine Cellar / Wine Chiller) A MUST HAVE: The only way to protect the quality and taste...
- PERFECT Stable TEMPERATURE: The Ivation cooler enables you to store your wines short & long term in...
- HUMIDITY, MINIMAL LIGHT: Insulated with Solid polyurethane heavy foam (CFC-free) & Closed with...
- NO VIBRATION & SUPER QUIET: Specially built with an Energy-efficient thermoelectric cooling system...
It’s insulated with solid polyurethane heavy foam which is CFC-free, making it an environment-friendly option. The doors of the cooler are thermopane doors that are tempered smoked. This ensures a dry, odor-free interior ideal for storage conditions. It also blocks airflow and light flow, thus keeping out harmful UV rays that break down the complexity of the wine molecules. The energy-efficient thermoelectric cooling system has no compressor, which means the cooler needs less electric power to operate. It also makes free of vibrations and other noise. LCD temperature display and sleep touch panels are other features.
Dimensions: 26.5 x 12 x 21.5 inches
Weight: 31.2 pounds.
3. Wine Enthusiast Silent 18 Bottle Wine Refrigerator
The wine fridge by Wine Enthusiast is a great machine. Their brand name says it all. This dual zone wine fridge is a slim-line is a freestanding refrigerator that holds 18 Bordeaux bottles. It provides two temperature levels which are perfect for storing both reds. The top cooling zone provides an adjustable temperature range of 54 to 66 degrees F, while the bottom cooling zone gives an adjustable temperature range of 46 to 66 degrees F. The bottom zone is optimum for storing and serving most whites.
- Dual Zone Wine Fridge - Slimline freestanding refrigerator, holds 18 Bordeaux bottles, provides two...
- Digital Touch Screen - Top zone adjustable temperature range of 54-66 degrees F provides ideal...
- Silent and Energy Efficient - The Thermoelectric refrigerator is energy-efficient and CFC-free,...
- Convenient and Easy to Use - Convenient temperature control with an exterior digital touchscreen, 7...
- Specs - Dimensions: 37.5"H with hinge x 9.87"W x 20.25"D - Style: 272 03 18 05 is freestanding only...
The thermoelectric refrigerator is energy-efficient and CFC-free and provides a virtually silent cooling system. Shelving size is made to hold standard Bordeaux sized bottles. It’s possible to store larger bottles but this would end up reducing the storage space. The fridge sports seven chrome shelves, which are pull-out/ detachable. This prevents scraping of bottles against each other – The labels stay intact. The external digital touchscreen is sleek and easy to use. Amazon does not ship this product to California.
Dimensions: 20.2 x 9.9 x 37.5 inches
Weight: 36 pounds.
4. Lanbo Wine and Beverage Refrigerator and Compact Built-in Wine and Drink Center
This premium drink refrigerator is the perfect addition to a large family’s kitchen or a bachelor’s pad. The fridge has the accommodation capacity of up to 18 standard 750ml Bordeaux bottles in the left containment area and 55 standard 300ml cans in the right containment area. The Lanbo wine and beverage fridge serves almost every storage need and still maintains a compact frame. The door of this fridge opens a minimum of 90 degrees and the shelves are removable to increase space.
This fridge features an added level of security with two safety locks. The ventilation on this fridge is front-facing which allows for flush with cabinetry or under the counter installations. The back cabinet also facilitates freestanding use as well. The active carbon filter helps to maintain cleaner air conditions, removing unwanted odors. The compressor phase is super quiet as well. The left side space has an adjustable temperature range of 41 to 64 degrees F and the right space, 39 to 50 degrees F. The whole parts of this fridge come with a warranty of 1 year, while the manufacturer offers a 3-year warranty for the compressor.
Dimensions: 23.6 x 23.4 x 33.9 inches
Weight: 100.3 pounds.
5. Kalamera 15” Wine Cooler 30 Bottle Built-in or Freestanding Fridge
The 30-bottle capacity of this beast of a machine should suffice to satisfy a vast array of collections. The Kalamera also offers superb versatility. It can be built into the kitchen space or it can be used as a freestanding fridge. Wine lovers will love the Kalamera 15-inch’s temperature memory function. This state-of-the-art technology allows the fridge to recall just how cool it was the last time it was on. As such, homeowners won’t have to worry about readjusting the fridge’s cooling system in the case of a power outage.
- Kalamera 12'' Wine Cooler 18 Bottle Built-in or Freestanding with Stainless Steel & Double-Layer...
The ultra-thick doors are crack resistant and fog repellant. The frame is made of stainless steel and it comes with two layers of tempered glass. The temperature range this selection offers is adjustable from 41 to 66 degrees F. The LED control display is easy to use and makes it easy to adjust temperature levels with just one touch. The shelves are made of stylish wood and each shelf can house up to 5 bottles. The shelves are designed in a way to allow storage of bottles of different sizes on the same shelf. This feature is helpful for collectors who have a wide range of collections. The built-in universal hexagonal bolt lock this fridge comes with is a stalwart guard against unwanted hands.
Dimensions: 22.4 x 14.9 x 33.9 inches
Weight: 72.8 pounds.
6. Antarctic Star 18 Bottle Wine Cooler/Cabinet Beverage Refrigerator
This compact and versatile cooler is the perfect companion for the fun-loving homeowner. It is designed for new and advanced collectors alike. The design is optimized to combine style and practicality. The Antarctic Star 18 bottle wine cooler is a vault-like in appearance and places heat combat as a priority. The working temperature range is 40 to 60 degrees F. The customizable recommended temperature for most drinks is 55 degrees F.
- KEEP WINE COOL: Heat is enemy number one for wine. The Wine Cooler enables you to store your wine in...
- IDEAL LIGHT and HUMIDITY: With its reinforced glass door with air tight seal and help to maintain an...
- BETTER WINE STORAGE: 1.6cu.ft red or white wine bottles capacity, also better for canned beer and...
- FREESTANDING: Freestanding application only, NOT for built in use. The beverage and wine center door...
- COMPACT BEVERAGE COOLER : 17.52 × 18.31 × 19.61 inches mini refrigerator can keep a variety of...
The reinforced glass door comes with an airtight seal. This allows for an ideal humidity level. The interior contains a blue LED lighting system, which adds to the aesthetic factor of displaying the 18 wine bottles without causing any damage to them. The three-dimensional advanced cooling system causes zero vibrations and does not disturb the naturally occurring wine sediments. The shelves are made of black stainless steel and are easily removed and cleaned. Beer cans or wine bottles, these shelves can handle any arrangement and collection.
Dimensions: 17.4 x 17.7 x 19 inches
Weight: 35.8 pounds.
7. EdgeStar CWR532SZ 24 Inch Wide 53 Bottle Built-In Wine Cooler
As the experience of a wine collector grows, they will usually tend to leave behind smaller coolers and opt for sturdy built-in fridges to house their extensive collection. The EdgeStar 53-bottle built-in wine cooler allows space to store a budding collection without taking up the square footage of an entire wine cellar. This fridge can be considered as an intermediate between small, trusty coolers and full-blown wine cellars. This cooler can hold 53 standard 750ml bottles. Bigger bottles above 2.75 inches can also be accommodated by removing and rearranging the shelves. The adjustable temperature range offered is 40 to 65 degrees F. The dual-panel tinted glass door is trimmed with stainless steel.
- PLEASE NOTE: 53 bottle capacity is ONLY achieved when ALL stored bottles are standard sized 750ml...
- Undercounter or freestanding application; Single temperature zone; High/low temperature alarm; Door...
- Blue interior LED lighting; Flat faced stainless steel handle; Internal fan to evenly circulate air
- External Dimensions: 33 1/2" H x 23 1/2" W x 22 1/2" D; Weight 100 lbs.
- PLEASE NOTE: Delivery will be curbside, inside delivery is not available. A valid phone number is...
The stainless steel venting grate allows for versatility. This cooler can be used in its built-in form or even as a freestanding device. Natural ventilation is provided with efficiency through the new carbon filters. This allows for the stored wine to breathe easily and prevent harmful contaminants from spoiling the wine as it ages. The cooler comes with 6 wood-trimmed shelves that are stylish and durable. The interior is fitted with a pleasant blue LED lighting system. Electronic controls and the digital display allows the user to regulate and monitor the cooling temperature easily. The unit is rubber brushed to minimize vibrations which can harm the bottles over long-term storage. If a homeowner is renovating their pantry or laundry room, this fridge can be the best addition to put in without hassle.
Dimensions: 22.5 x 23.5 x 33.5 inches
Weight: 100 pounds.
8. Aobosi 24 Inch Dual Zone Wine Cooler 46 Bottle Freestanding and Built-in Wine Refrigerator
Boasting of a revolutionary design, the Aobosi 24-inch dual zone wine cooler is a premium, high-end fridge. Any wine connoisseur with a varied collection will have experienced trouble organizing their bottles while storing them. This fridge offers a separate space for large Pinot and champagne bottles on top and a space for regular bottles on the bottom. Both the zones have separate temperature settings, with the top zone offering 41 to 54 degrees F, and the bottom zone offering 54 to 68 degrees F.
- 🍷【Dual Cooling Zones】This Aobosi Dual Zone Wine Cooler is a revolutionary design that...
- 🍷【Advanced Cooling System】The under counter wine cooler runs quietly with a low operating...
- 🍷【Sophisticated Look, Seamless Frame】With stainless steel glass door and interior blue LED...
- 🍷【Upgraded Highlights】Thanks to the temperature memory function, the set temperature is...
- 🍷【46 Bottle Capacity】The built in wine cooler features 6 beech wooden shelves that can store...
This under-counter cooler runs quietly with an operating noise level of just 42dB. This preserves the wine sediments perfectly. The fridge has a sophisticated look with a seamless frame and glass-paneled doors. The doors also sport a 45cm stainless steel handle. The front venting mechanism allows it to be either built-in or freestanding. The metallic look lets it stand out and shine in any interior décor setting. It comes with a temperature memory function that resets the previously configured temperature setting in case of a power outage. The digital display has advanced features. If there is recorded activity for more than three minutes, the screen auto-locks. This prevents accidental resets which can lead to the complete destruction of the wine collection.
It also features a safety lock and a door-open alarm (which signals if the door is opened for too long) which prevents thieves and children from accessing the precious wine bottles.
Dimensions: 23.4 x 22.7 x 34.2 inches
Weight: 100 pounds.
9. Whynter WC28S SNO 28 Bottle Wine Cooler, Platinum with Lock
This is the perfect mid-range cooler for a moderately sizeable collection. The Whynter WC28S can hold up to 28 regular-sized bottles. This unit is good for carrying on a yacht trip or even for an office party. The white, winter-themed cooler comes with a sleek complete platinum-finish cabinet with an ergonomic towel bar handle glass door.
- Measures: 21" Long x 18.11" Wide x 29" High
- Adjustable thermostat for storing different wine varietals (52F - 64F) - featuring Celsius and...
- Enhanced Blue Light LCD temperature display feature for precise control
- Metallic silver trimmed glass door with sleek all platinum cabinet
- Solid state components for long life- the only moving parts are fans to circulate cool air within...
The double-paned glass door features a cylinder lock with two keys included, for added security. This unit sports removable scalloped chrome racks in the interior, which allows the user to display and store wine bottles as they wish. It uses a thermoelectric system to keep the wine cooled with minimum vibrations. The cooling system lacks any moving parts and is also CFC free, ensuring low maintenance costs and steady, environment-friendly wine cooling. The solid-state components of this unit grant it a long life. The only moving parts are the fans which circulate cool air on the inside and dissipate heat outside. The exterior sports a blue LCD temperature display with precise temperature control settings.
The temperature range offered is 52 to 64 degrees F.
Dimensions: 21 x 18.1 x 29 inches
Weight: 48 pounds.
10. AMZCHEF 15″ Wine Cooler Refrigerator Built-in or Freestanding Wine Cooler
The AMZCHEF wine cooler is a blend of innovation and style. This cooler can store up to 31 standard size 750ml bottles. Whether the user is concerned with the short-term holding of wine bottles for a specific event or long-term storage of precious storage, this unit has them covered. It can be either built-in or freestanding, according to the user’s requirement.
- 🍹【31 Wine Bottles】BODEGA 15 inch wine cooler under counter, give your wine a comfortable...
- 🍹【Constant Temperature for the Wine】BODEGA wine cooler refrigerator for cooling the wine at a...
- 🍹【Whisper Quiet】BODEGA wine fridge under counter using an advanced compressor cooling and...
- 🍹【Smart Control】The control panel has an LCD temperature indicator with temperature control...
- 🍹【Built-in Wine Cooler or Freestanding Refrigerator】It only takes up 15.3 x 23.1 x 34.3...
It comes with advanced compressor cooling which circulates air to every corner of the interior with efficiency. A special feature of this wine cooler is that it features a powerful slide-out shelf made out of high-quality eucalyptus. The elegant double glass doors come with magnetic door seals to ensure optimum humidity and temperature inside. The non-fluctuating cooling system features wide-area temperature control with zero frosting. The adjustable temperature range offered with this unit is 41 to 68 degrees F. The high-quality compressors are built with quality shock absorbers which minimize vibrations. The exterior panel features an LCD temperature display and the temperature can easily be regulated with a few touches. In order to imitate the conditions of a real wine cellar, this cooler comes with an anti-UV function. UV rays can accelerate oxidation reaction in wine which destroys the taste and complexity of the wine.
The double-layered glass cover filters out UV rays from sunlight effectively. Other features include a safety lock, smart sensors, a carbon filter system, adjustable feet, and a tempered glass door.
Dimensions: 37 x 26.5 x 19 inches
Weight: 94 pounds.
Helpful Wine Cooler/ Fridge Tips
Compressor and thermoelectric unit cooling systems are different in terms of temperature and noise. Thermoelectric units make much less but they aren’t as efficient when it comes to cooling. Compressor-based counterparts possess more reliable temperature control. For some users, noise is everything, especially if the cooler is situated in a quiet setting. These users prefer to buy thermoelectric units. Whereas other enthusiasts prefer to taste their wines at the exact temperature they want and might not mind a little noise, making the compressor units better suited to them.
It’s also inadvisable to use wine coolers for other beverages. While it is plausible to store beer, energy drinks, or soda in these units, it might not yield the best results. These coolers are specially constructed to cool and enhance the wine.
In the end, there’s no perfect wine cooler for everybody. The choice depends on the requirements and tastes of potential buyers. Online marketplaces come with several reviews and ratings. It’s important to read through each carefully before making a decision. While a wine cooler is not a pricey investment in itself, the function it serves is central to several events and gatherings. Picking the wrong the cooler might not just damage the exterior of the bottle, it might end up destroying the wine itself.
This can lead to losses of hundreds to thousands of dollars, depending on the value of the specific collection.