Supentown (a.k.a SPT) Wine Fridge company is a refrigeration brand known for its dedication to creating products with a lower carbon footprint. In fact, the business website for SPT Wine Company offers an in-depth Green Guide that features products that they sell with CFC-free R-410A refrigerant and low energy capabilities.
But what are their wine coolers like? Let’s take a look.
Intro to SPT Wine Coolers
SPT’s wine coolers came about in response to a need for trustworthy and innovative appliances. Many of SPT’s products, including their best wine coolers, are used in top restaurants, hotels, resorts, etc. As one of the biggest wine cooler producers in the world, SPT is dedicated to providing the best possible wine refrigeration products and customer service.
Pros of SPT Wine Coolers
- SPT offers both wine coolers and wine cooler replacement parts.
- Boasts a wide range of wine cooler capacities, from miniature eight-bottle coolers to massive 50-bottle coolers.
- Offers both free-standing refrigerators and under-the-counter units.
- Free guides to temperature recommendations for specific wines.
- Units are known for being quiet and visually attractive.
- Most units feature a security lock and front-leveling leg.
- CSA and ETL certified.
- Products can be purchased directly from the company or via Amazon.
- Shipping is fairly quick for the type of products they sell.
- Pricing for most units is very affordable compared to similar companies.
- Dependable dual-zone temperature units.
Cons of SPT Wine Coolers
- Some reviewers have noted that their units suffered a fan failure after a couple of years, which could be problematic if you are looking for products with substantial longevity.
- Other reviewers online have noted they’ve noticed that their condenser fan becomes loud over time and some units are not very good at maintaining temperature.
- Coolers arrive with very little in the way of setup instructions.
- Some of the freestanding units give off heat, which may be problematic for some people.
Final Thoughts: Are SPT Wine Coolers Worth It?
If you care about purchasing wine coolers and other products that leave as little impact on the earth as possible, SPT Wine Company could be a great place to look. Unfortunately, some of their units are not fantastic about maintaining very specific temperatures. If this isn’t an issue for you, then an SPT wine cooler could be a great choice. Realistically, this company’s wine cooler products seem to be designed for novice or casual wine enthusiasts.
If you are looking for a great 12bottle wine cooler, then you are at the right place. This is a full review of the Spt Thermo-Electric Wine Cooler with Heating, to ensure that you know if this is exactly what you are looking for. It is important to make sure that you are purchasing the […]Read Full Review
- 50L/ 16 (standard) bottles capacity
- TOUCH-SENSITIVE CONTROLS
- ADJUSTABLE THERMOSTAT FROM 52 DEGREES TO 65 DEGREES
- LED TEMPERATURE DISPLAY
- 3 SLIDE OUT CHROME SHELVES
- Sunpentown commercial units can be found in many top restaurants, hotels and resorts
- Sunpentown manufactures products with customer’s everyday comfort and ease in mind
- Sunpentown offers hundreds of products in a wide range of categories: air quality, refrigeration,...
- Sunpentown offers top of the line appliances at a competitive price and superior customer service...
- We are constantly developing our business to anticipate trends and meet changing consumer demands...
- 21 standard bottles, Wooden racks
- Memory IC (when unit restarts after power failure unit will auto recover at last setting)
- Temperature can be displayed in Celsius or Fahrenheit
- Adjustable temperature range: 41 ~ 68°F
- ETL and ETL Sanitation