What Is Available On The Market?
When I first started looking at choosing from the best wine coolers, I was quite surprised with how many there were available. Take a look at these types and if any interest you, just click it and go to its specific page section:
Which Is The Best Wine Cooler For A Specific Budget?
Price is certainly a concern so for your convenience, I took the liberty of categorizing some of my favorites by price as well:
Are you looking for some prime long term storage for your red and white wine collection (and other beverages) at your home or apartment? It is no surprise that properly storing your alcohol to the best temperature will not only help it taste great, but it will last longer too. Take a look at our choices for the best wine coolers below. We have taken a lot into consideration and not only looked at the qualities and value that each of the manufacturers bring, but also things like price, value and more! Whether you want to just hold a small collection of 6 bottles all the way up to 50 bottles, we have lots of recommendations for you.
Built In Integrated Under Counter
If you are a “real” wine enthusiast that is looking for the ultimate kitchen appliances, a built-in under counter wine fridge just might be the perfect option for you. Personally, I love the added functionality and design that they give to a modern kitchen. If you want your beverages chilled to the exact proper temperature, this is the only way.
Typically, I would pick a wide variety of different options and give you a choice based on your price range, how many bottles you are looking to store, size, etc but in my research, I found that they are all generally the same. so what I did was look at a huge variety of models and compared each of their features, looked at the reviews and opinions that owners had on the product, the price and value you get for your money, attractiveness and how it would look in a kitchen, and lots of other information available. This is the one that I found to have the best bang for your buck, happy customers, and more!
Whynter BWR-281DZ Dual Zone Built-In Wine Refrigerator, 28-Bottle
First off, I would recommend purchasing it online from Amazon. Why? Free shipping to your door and usually ships in less than a week! I also recommend paying the small amount extra for the protection warranty just for your piece of mind – there is a 4-year option for less than $90 and 3 years for less than $50.
- Choice of 28 and 46 bottle options (750ml sized bottles) which gives plenty of room for lots of wine options. I personally only have arouns 15-18 bottles at a time, but having more room is always a good idea.
- Dual zone. An upper and lower zone allows you to store different wine at the proper temperatures.
- Reversible smoked glass door allowing you to set it up to swing either way.
- Slidable and removable shelves so you can choose your wine easily.
- Soft interior lighting which I love the look of!
- Lockable to keep children safe.
- Dimensions – 24 x 15 x 34 inches and 84 pounds.
- Black and stainless steel.
- Front ventilation is flush with cabinet making it perfect for under the counter installations and still allowing the proper air flow.
- Quiet running.
Small Countertop – Magic Chef MCWC6B 6-Bottle
- Perfect for people looking to store only a few bottles at a time while only taking up a small amount of counter space.
- Very quiet.
- Set your desired temperature, put in your bottles and you are good to go!
- Excellent for apartments with less space.
Large Capacity – Wine Enthusiast Silent 48 Bottle
- You will never run out of wine once you fill this one up!
- Separate 24 bottle zone allowing you to store both red and white at different temperatures.
- Energy-efficient and CFC-free.
- Thermal pane glass doors.
- Easy to use with all settings hidden inside the doors.
Dual Zone – Haier 18-Bottle Dual Zone Curved Door with Smoked Glass
- Available in a number of different options including 18, 12, 16, 6 and 8 bottle.
- Cool blue interior lighting.
- Features a thermoelectric cooling system.
- Double paned smoked glass door.
- Two setting displays with touchscreen controls.
Thermoelectric – NewAir AW-280E 28-Bottle
- Very attractive design that will work well in any kitchen.
- Digital thermostat and LED display.
- Zero vibration in order to make sure to maintain the quality of your wine.
- Chrome shelving.
- Dual zone allowing yuou to store multiple types of wine at two different temperatures.
$ – IGLOO FRW041 4-Bottle
Now I have to say right from the beginning that when you are dealing with these under the hundred dollar range, you have to remember that you get what you pay for and these are probably not going to be the greatest quality. However, here is a recommendation. It certainly makes a great starter cooler and will do the trick!
- Great for small and compact spaces.
- Dual pane glass door keeping in the cold.
- Adjustable and removable shelves giving you some different wine storage options.
- Simple one knob temperature control.
- Also available in a number of different sizes as well.
$$ – Edgestar 34 Bottle Free Standing
When you get into this price range, you are getting into some decent and really good quality drink coolers and if you are just wanting to use this as a more casual thing, this is probably the price range that I would most recommend.
- Attractive freestanding design.
- Reversible door handle allowing you to choose which way it swings.
- Dual zones.
- Door can be locked to keep underage people out while you are not at home.
- Beautiful blue interior lighting.
$$$ – EdgeStar 36 Bottle
Got a bit more to spend? This might be just the thing!
- All the bells and whistles and can be used as a built-in or freestanding unit.
- Slide out steel and wood trimmed shelving.
- Lockable tinted glass french doors.
- Digital controls.
- Dual zone.
Customer Asked Questions
Where Is The Best Place To Buy?
One word – Amazon! to me, they seem to have the best prices, can ship to USA, Canada, UK and Australia. They also have a large variety to choose from – affordable and inexpensive ones for people on a budget, right up to top luxury brands.
How Did I Choose
As you will probably notice, the more you look at this site, I looked at a ton of different factors including:
- I looked at what I thought were the best looking. Sure, looks isn’t everything but since it will be displayed in your kitchen, you want it to look good! Personally, I like the stainless steel type because it matches my other appliances.
- Best selling – if a model is selling well, there is definitely something to that.
- Quality built using great materials.
- Quiet – who wants it to be loud and annoying?